(complete documentation available at http://ronsen.org/austinnitus/photos/fluxcafe/fluxcafe.html, which is where I got this documentation from)
On February 28, 2004, Josh Ronsen organized the Flux Cafe with Elana Logsdon and Alex Keller at the Church of the Friendly Ghost. Members of the Austin New Music Co-Op helped perform the many pieces of original Fluxus works as well as newly created works. At the Flux Cafe, individual pieces were ordered off a menu, and no piece was performed until it was paid for. Prices ranged from 50 cents to 50 dollars per piece. Orders were taken by the helpful waitstaff (Callie Shelton and Emily Smith). The orchestra pieces were conducted by Bill Thompson.
Performing Taps 1, an original performance piece.
Performing Danger Music No. 2 (Dick Higgins, 1961) with Josh Ronsen
The New Music Co-Op Orchestra consisted of Bill Thompson (conductor), Brent Fariss (contrabass), Shawn Feeney (mandolin), Krista Lussenhop (‘cello), Josh Ronsen (clarinet), Bob Sawey (trumpet), Callie Shelton (flute), Nick Smith (trombone), Travis Weller (violin) and Brandon Young (trumpet).
The following pieces had premieres at the Flux Cafe:
- Guitar Solo for Josh Ronsen by Walter Ciancucsi
- fluxus-like duet for two trumpets from a large scale work that i am too lazy to finish (that only costs $0.50) by Brent Fariss
- Taps 1 & 2 by Alex Keller
- Microphone 1 & 2 by Alex Keller
- for LaMonte Young by Josh Ronsen
- He/She by Josh Ronsen
- Money Piece 2 by Josh Ronsen
- Melodies by Josh Ronsen
- Name Songs by Josh Ronsen
- You Are Beautiful by Alex V. Cook